What Is a Vaginal Yeast Infection?
The human body contains millions of organism which are known to benefit our body in one way or another. Many of them are also much needed for perfect function of the body or concerned organ but at the same time if they increase in number than the infection starts. An infection is painful state when one cannot say anything to anyone and cannot bear the pain also. Similarly, there are yeasts living inside the vagina of a human body which are not harmful at all until they start over shadowing all the good bacterial inside a human body. That is when you’ve got vaginal yeast infection.
Candida albicans (candidiasis) is the species of yeast that is responsible for casing the infection inside as well as surrounding of the vagina. It is one type of vaginitis that is known to cause infection or inflammation of the vagina. There are many issues that come under vaginitis but vaginal yeast infection is the most common one. The medical science has some of the effective options that can help one get faster relief.
Prevention of the Vaginal Infection
There are many things that one must consider in order to keep away from vaginal infection. Some of them are as under:
- Wearing clean clothes can rule out the vaginal infection
- By keeping the skin dry and clean can help one stay away from the vaginal infection.
- Boosting ones immune system can help balance out the fungus inside the vagina.
- Treat your hormonal and diabetes imbalance if any as they can contribute to the vaginal infection.
What causes vaginal infection?
There is a very delicate balance which keeps the vaginal fungus from over growing and there are many factors that contribute to it. There are various reasons of the fungus inside your vagina go overboard. Some of them are as follows: following antibiotic treatments
- Taking a birth control pill or hormonal pill if you have a hormonal imbalance can cause the imbalance in the vagina.
- A weak immune system doesn’t fight the imbalance created in your vagina.
- Pregnancy can get one high in female hormone level which is one of the causes.
- Sexual Intercourse
- During her time of the menses when she is bleeding. Vagina is vulnerable to infection a week before and after the period and chances are even more if she uses tampons
- Women with high diabetes can be the reason for vaginal infection
- A poor hygiene can be one of the major reasons to get a vaginal infection such as dirty clothes, not changing underwear regularly etc.
Symptoms of Vaginal Infections
When the yeast multiplies faster inside the vagina, you’re like to go through the following symptoms. They are as follows:
- It can be painful while urinating, menstruation and during
- Swelled skin around the vagina which can cause redness and irritating around the vulva.
- It can lead to the vaginal discharge which can be very thick, clumpy, white and odorless.
- It can cause very severe vaginal bleeding which can be very uncomforting.
- It can have a very unusual smell.
If the yeast infection is left untreated, it can be very uncomforting and the symptoms can get severe. There are many cases in which people don’t have the vaginal infection and miscalculate it as one and in some cases they do have a vaginal infection and misinterpret it as some other infection. In both cases, one must examine their situation properly in order to get the proper treatment as required.