If you want to relive your childhood or remember a special person, you usually consider baked comfort food. Comfort foods not only give nourishment to the physical body but it also makes you feel better emotionally. Simply put, comfort goods are pleasing to the taste buds and all other senses.
Comfort foods are usually prepared in a traditional style. There are different consistencies that you can consider depending on your mood or preference. Whatever the comfort food, it will surely give you that nostalgic feeling.
If you seek out quick baking recipes to instantly lift your day, here are 2 simple things you can consider:
Biscuits will remind you of your naive childhood. The best thing about biscuits is they are easy to make and they can go with almost any meal. If you want some, baking is not a big thing. You can consider the following instructions:
- Gather all ingredients: you should gather 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon of
baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ cup shortening, and ¾ cup milk.
- Preheat the oven: you need to preheat it to 450°F.
- Sift together: get a large bowl and sift together baking powder, flour, and salt. Cut
hortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour milk: you can now pour the milk into the flour mixture. This should be done while stirring it. Ensure that the dough is moist and soft.
- Roll dough: you need to put your dough unto a lightly floured surface then toss it until it is no longer sticky. Roll the dough until it is ½ inch thick then cut it using a cookie cutter. Repeat the rolling or cutting procedure.
- Put the biscuits: on an ungreased baking sheet, you need to put the biscuits and bake it until golden brown – about 10 minutes.
Macaroni and cheese
Macaroni and cheese is the most famous baked comfort food because children and adults love it. This makes it a family favorite. You can consider the following instructions:
- Gather all ingredients: ingredients include 2 tablespoons butter, ¼ cup chopped
onion, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 2 cups milk, ¾ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon dry mustard, ¼ teaspoon black pepper ground, 8 ounces elbow macaroni, 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and 8 ounces American cheese.
- Preheat the oven: you need to preheat it to 350°F.
- Make milk mixture: melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat then sauté onion. Stir the floor and then put milk, salt, mustard, and pepper. Make sure that the mixture thickens and boils.
- Cook macaroni: boil the lightly salted pot then add the macaroni. Cook this for 8 minutes or until it becomes al dente then drain.
- Add cheeses: to the milk mixture, you need to add cheddar and American cheeses. Be sure to stir until it melts.
- Combine: the fun part is combining macaroni and cheese sauce in a baking dish. Do not forget to mix well.
- Bake: in the preheated oven, bake it for 30 minutes or until you see it bubbly. Let the dish cool for 10 minutes before finally serving.
What are you waiting for? Preheat that oven and make yourself happy with simple and easy recipes. No matter how rough your day was there is always something to look forward to when you go home – comfort foods.